Check out #LunchWithCarla!
Updated: Jul 17
Thanks so much to everyone who tuned into my Facebook page yesterday for the very first installment of #LunchWithCarla. It was so great to catch up with so many of you and have a chance to answer a few of your questions — okay, there were over 6,000 comments and questions, so I couldn't get to them all, but I tried to answer as many as I could in under an hour! You all had lots of good questions, and ideas, too, and it was fun to find out what sounds interesting to you as I head into new adventures in my career.
That's me, hanging out at home chatting with all of you!
The #LunchWithCarla video is posted under the Videos tab on my Facebook page, so you can access it at any time and find out what topics were on the table, from summer corn to peach cobbler and everything in between. Here are a few of the highlights:
• Yes, I absolutely am in touch with Clinton and Michael — we talk a lot and I see some crafting in the future with Clinton for sure!
• No, I don't know exactly what's coming next but you'll be the first to know ;)
• Is Matthew color blind? Check out the paint color in my living and dining rooms and you be the judge.
• So many questions about pickling and canning, and you know I love pickled veggies! You can get a crash course right here, and if you really want to take a deep dive into the art of canning, please check out Cathy Barrow's excellent book, Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry, along with this tutorial she gave me on The Chew a few years ago.
• Two other cookbook recommendations that came up during our live chat yesterday: Michael Symon's 5 in 5 is my go-to for fast, simple recipes and Joe Yonan's Serve Yourself: Nightly Adventures in Cooking for One is the perfect way to learn how to make meals for just yourself that are inventive and fun.
• I'd love to have dinner with Eckhart Tolle, the author of A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose. And two remarkable women — can you guess who? Watch the video to find out ;)
• Get a sneak peek at Bubba, who I really want to make the subject of a children's book.
There's so much more, because we covered a lot of ground in that hour, and I'll keep you posted when a new installment of #LunchWithCarla is coming up so that you can get in on the conversation!